Mulder makes no claims about curing what ails you. However, creating an action plan for recovery can lead you onto a path of an increased level of general health and quality of life which, ultimately, helps you feel better emotionally and physically.
It's up to you how you define recovery. Is there a possibility to reverse your injury or disease and be cured? Is your physical situation chronic but able to be improved? Are you permanently disabled but looking to improve your general health and, therefore, your quality of life? Where there is room for improvement, you can create your own personal plan to make your life better.
The Action Plan that Mulder helps you create includes:
- Restoration with rest and relaxation
- Replenishment through diet guidelines and ways to overcome obstacles
- Rebuilding by recognizing your starting point, defining appropriate levels of exercise and slowly building movement into your life
- Regaining focus by examining the mental aspects of your illness/injury and learning ways to clear your mind
Guidelines, helpful information and worksheets assist you in creating a personalized plan. I especially like the extra hints and tips that Mulder includes in this book, such as:
- How to make a nutritious meal when you’re tired
- Relax your body and mind
- Instructions with photos on restorative yoga poses
I give a thumbs-up to How to Create Your Own Action Plan for Recovery: a step-by-step guide on rebuilding your health after illness or injury by Jennifer Mulder. You can purchase your copy by visiting http://thehealthsessions.com/shop/. Even though the price is in Euros, you can still purchase using other currency.